With collaborations across the various platforms EA were there to show that just because they make games for both console giants doesn’t mean they can’t impress just as well. Choosing to start from the top they began with the introduction of NEED FOR SPEED :
- Speed – Speed is the connection that exists between car and driver that is only present at top speeds. It’s about keeping your nerve and never lifting off the gas. It’s about the adrenaline rush of taking a corner at high speed, having faith that your car will hold firm and not loose grip. The fearless always push the limits.
- Style – Style is pure expression through driving, sending your car into a corner sideways with ultimate precision. It’s the feeling of freedom for that split second as your tires leave the ground, when you find yourself in a place where only you and the car exist. For some, style is all that matters.
- Build – Build is where you take your car to the extreme through both visual and performance modification. The constant need to improve and personalize, shaping the car to your own vision. Craftsmen build, searching for perfection.
- Crew – Ride together with your Crew and never hit the streets alone. Put your faith in others as bumpers come within inches of one another. This is the skill of close proximity chaos.
- Outlaw – Become an Outlaw, messing with and escaping from the cops. Always looking to raise the stakes through risk vs reward driving, pushing the limits and looking over your shoulder. Live life on the edge as you crave the thrill of the chase.
EA boasted the seamless integration of actors and game elements within scenes & gameplay. From this the introduction to their Star Wars The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire
this fan favourite was said to be created with the fans requests in mind, with the want of more BioWare like choice based gameplay (play Mass Effect/Dragon Age if you are unsure what we mean) that determines outcomes in your story at pivotal points.
Another point of interest was the unveiling of the new IP unravel:
Using yarn like mechanics the game focuses on expressing the puzzle solutions in the different style, similar to LittleBig Planet but not ‘sickbay’ style. Also EA were of course showing of the 16’s of their sports gaming franchises:
and of course
Thats enough of the re-skinned gaming as EA really did fire on all cylinders this year with more trailers and gameplay footage, hope you enjoy:
February 2016 –
This wasn’t the only game on everyone’s mind with the soon to be released star wars film; Battlefront was in the air… then on screen:
The latter stages of EA’s press conference was their display of mobile applications syncing and sometimes enhancing their entertainment features with partner apps like the FIFA Ultimate Team 2015. This is a concept that will be ambitiously put to use with their Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic title, called Star Wars: Galaxy of heroes.
Electronic Arts are really making sure to keep up both on both console’s and on their own success as last year Titanfall was the talk of E3
more to follow as always